Lambs to £108 or 309ppk ~ Hoggs to £94 or 212ppk ~ Cull Ewes to £139 ~ Cull Rams to £149
Agricultural and Livestock News
~ A record breaking entry of goods at the Holsworthy April sale topped at £21,000 ~
The largest entry of goods ever sold in a Kivells Holsworthy Machinery & Goods Sale totalled well over 3,500 lots with a huge crowd of 404 registered buyers enjoying a great day that saw 5 Auctioneers in full cry from the 1st lot sold at 10am to the last at 2:56pm!
- 494 Store Cattle to £1,175 for C & J Cottrel of Holsworthy
- 58 Prime Cattle to £1,398 (197 p/kg) for DF & JL Shervington of Hittisleigh
- 31 Cull Cows to £847 (141 p/kg) for P&K Warren of Virginstowe
- 138 Baby Calves to £492 for C&H Merrett of Bradworthy
- 205 Pigs to £266 for Messrs Brown of Newquay
- 1,496 Prime Hoggs to £95 Steve Cottle of Welcombe
- 812 Store Cattle to £1,415 for Eric Gilbard of Thorverton
- 54 Prime Cattle to £1,429 (207 p/kg) for Bottor Rock Farms of Hennock
- 58 Cull Cows to £1116 (149 p/kg) for Andrew Gale of Newton Abbot
- 387 Breeding Cattle to £4,600 for Eric Gillbard of Thorverton
- 164 Stirks to £900 for John Sexton of Crediton
- 270 Baby Calves to £490 for Messrs Knapman of Shilstone
~ Kivells were delighted to conduct the very genuine dispersal of machinery and effects for M/S Burnard & Wallace of Hoppatown Farm, Pyworthy ~
~ Despite the difficult weather conditions, a highly successful day was enjoyed by over 500 people with buyers registered from as far away as Birmingham, Newport and all parts of Devon and Cornwall ~
Spring Show & Sale of South Devon Cattle at Exeter
With all bulls passing a high standard of inspection there was a good choice for potential buyers at the South Devon Herd Book Society’s Spring Show & Sale held at Exeter and conducted by Kivells.
A ‘CHAMPION’ week for Kivells customers with big numbers of stock at all 4 Kivells livestock markets throughout Devon & Cornwall. The very Special Spring Sale of Pedigree South Devon cattle saw a top of £9,240 for a 2 year old bull from Messrs Harvey of Ermington sell to its new owners based in Warwickshire, with 2nd highest going to William Scott of Gloucestershire at £5,040, selli
Kivells of Hallworthy saw a superb entry of 302 store cattle sell to spirited bidding throughout.
~ Continuing Excellent Trade ~