Information for Tenants
We believe in assisting our prospective tenants to ensure they find the right property.
Prospective tenants should consider the following;
When a suitable property to rent has been found all persons aged eighteen or over will be named on the Tenancy. References through a referencing company will be obtained who have access to credit history. There is a non-returnable payment required for this procedure. No other fees are required at this stage.
Tenants will be required to sign an Assured Shorthold tenancy agreement and any other relevant paperwork. Rent is payable in advance prior to the commencement of the tenancy, together with a deposit and our administration fee. The deposit monies are placed within a Government approved scheme and held for the duration of the tenancy as security for any damages or expenses arising during the tenancy.
An inventory will be produced at the commencement of the tenancy for approval by tenant and agent/landlord. This will form the basis of any claim for damages at the end of the tenancy as required by the Government Deposit Scheme.
Tenants will be made aware of their responsibility for the property prior to tenancy commencement including the importance of rapid reporting of any issues which arise.
Tenants must ensure the property is fully secured when left unattended, and if this is for any period of time the office should be notified.
During the winter months, necessary steps must be taken to prevent the freezing of the water and heating systems.
Schedule of Tenants Charges
Prospective Tenants - Pre Acceptance Referencing Fees
- £114 per person
- £120 per person if you are receiving Housing Benefit
- £60 per guarantor
- All rent is per calendar month, payable in advance
- Rents exclude water, sewage, gas, electric and Council Tax which are payable by you, unless otherwise stated
- The Reference Fees shown above (cleared funds) will be payable upon submission of a Referencing Form
- Tenants receiving Housing Benefit may not be considered for certain properties. A Guarantor will always be required if you receive Housing Benefit
- A copy of our draft Tenancy Agreement is available on request
- There are strictly no refunds once the reference application forms have been submitted
Prospective Tenants - Post Acceptance
- One month’s rent in advance
- £120 Administration Fee
- £36 for lost keys plus the cost of the keys
- £30 for payment refused by the bank for any reason
- £90 for a Tenancy renewal for any reason
- £30 for each letter sent to a tenant concerning breaches of tenancy agreement
- Deposit of a minimum of one month’s rent plus £50 required
- Pet deposit of £200 in addition to above, if applicable
- Deposits held within Government approved scheme
Please speak to one of our experienced managers if you wish to discuss any of the above.
All charges include VAT at the prevailing rate