Relevant Letting Fees & Tenant Protection Information
Assured shorthold tenancies [AST’s] tenant fees
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
- Security Deposit [per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year]: Five weeks’ rent (This covers damage or defaults on the part of the tenant during tenancy)
- Payment of £50 (inc VAT) for variation, assignment, novation or renewal of the tenancy agreement
- Lost Key(s) or other Security Devise(s): Tenants are liable for reasonable cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmiths, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15.00 per hour (inc VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s). You have to prove this if we put this in
- Green deal: Any payments towards Energy Efficiency improvements under a Green Deal charge will be made clear on the property details.
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
Utilities – gas, electricity, water, drainage, Communications – telephone & broadband, Installation of cable/satellite, Subscription to cable/satellite supplier, Television licence, Council Tax.
Contractual/company tenancy agreement
- Credit/Referencing £60.00 (inc VAT) per tenant/per property
- Guarantor referencing £60.00 (inc VAT) per Guarantor/per property
Kivells is a member of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), which has a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO), which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.
A copy of our draft tenancy agreement will be provided on request. Tenants receiving Universal Credit will be required to have a Guarantor (unless stated). In some circumstances you may not be considered for certain properties.