Relevant Letting Fees & Tenant Protection Information
Assured shorthold tenancies [AST’s] tenant fees
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
- Security Deposit [per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year]: Five weeks’ rent (This covers damage or defaults on the part of the tenant during tenancy)
- Payment of £50 (inc VAT) for variation, assignment, novation or renewal of the tenancy agreement
- Lost Key(s) or other Security Devise(s): Tenants are liable for reasonable cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmiths, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15.00 per hour (inc VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s). You have to prove this if we put this in
- Green deal: Any payments towards Energy Efficiency improvements under a Green Deal charge will be made clear on the property details.
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
Utilities – gas, electricity, water, drainage, Communications – telephone & broadband, Installation of cable/satellite, Subscription to cable/satellite supplier, Television licence, Council Tax.
Contractual/company tenancy agreement
- Credit/Referencing £60.00 (inc VAT) per tenant/per property
- Guarantor referencing £60.00 (inc VAT) per Guarantor/per property
Kivells is a member of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), which has a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO), which is a redress scheme. You can view and download the codes of practice on The Property Ombudsman website. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.
A copy of our draft tenancy agreement will be provided on request. Tenants receiving Universal Credit will be required to have a Guarantor (unless stated). In some circumstances you may not be considered for certain properties.